Saturday 17 September 2011

Why Permaculture?

The aim of Permaculture is to develop a permanent, sustainable and flourishing planet earth. It is about acting in ways that work for all of us and all life on planet earth. The Permaculture Ethics and Principles provide a framework to act, design and create in ways that work eternally for life.

I aim to work with my local community to make it a better place to live, using innovative, sustainable permaculture solutions.

Some ideas that inspire me are:
  • Edible Forest Gardens or Food Forests
  • Nutrient Recycling through composting and worm-farming
  • Native and Natural Bee Keeping
  • Landscape Water Harvesting: 
  • Aquaponic Systems: Fish, vegies and no waste water  
  • Earth and Straw Buildings
For more on my activities, see my other sites and profiles: